Thursday, September 15, 2011

Easton goes to the Library

On Wednesday mornings, our local library hosts a time of reading and music for children ages 0-2 years old. Since Easton loves books, I knew this would be right up his ally. What I had imagined was a utopia of children sitting together listening to the "teacher" reading. What actually took place was another story... 
Easton & I sitting among "friends" during reading time
Easton noticing the child beside him has a different musical instrument than his own
Yes Easton, the man sitting beside Momma isn't Daddy.

Well, story time was fun...scratch that...It was full of anxiety. My child attempted (and succeeded) to steal the toy out of the child's hand beside him then proceeded to crawl across the carpet to the other side of the room where luckily his Mumsey (my mom) was standing and was able to snatch him up. What happened to the little boy who just sat there on a blanket and didn't move? Oh yeah, he became MOBILE. Needless to say, we will continue story time at the library but do have some things to work on at home like sitting and listening and focusing on the toy in hand, not our neighbors. I know, I know...Brooke, welcome to parenting. :)